MBSR Course Information
MBSR means “Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction”. It is an approach to self-care that helps deal with stress, pain and illness. The MBSR course teaches people to focus awareness on body sensations, thoughts, and emotions in a nonjudgmental way.
This course is modeled on the program developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. Kabat-Zinn’s program is evidence-based and is the “gold standard” in such mindfulness training.
The course consists of eight weekly classes and one day-long class on a Saturday or Sunday. It is designed to introduce mindfulness practice as a way of reducing stress and developing greater balance, control and participation in one’s life. Mindfulness is a way of learning to relate directly to whatever is happening in one’s life, including the challenges of stress, pain, illness and everyday demands.
You will learn:
1. How to reduce and relate to stress;
2. Methods to improve your ability to concentrate and think clearly;
3. To deal with difficulties in your life with balance and awareness;
4. To participate in your own wellness and health;
5. To cultivate your natural capacity to care for yourself and find greater ease and peace of mind.
Cost: $350 + HST
For more information please contact Jill Dunkley.